Sunday, April 7, 2013

Closing the door on my blog


Third time's a charm?

Three strikes and you're out?

My first blog was in 2005-2006 and was authored by me and several friends who like to write.  We were bloggers, by golly!  We mostly shared about being new moms.  Posts tended to be long and introspective, and without any photos.  I can't really remember why we stopped writing.  I guess we were busy with lots of babies and toddlers.  Go figure.

My second blog in 2007-2008 was about our first year of homeschooling and was started to keep grandparents informed.  Guess what ... grandparents didn't remember to read it.  I remember when a big-homeschool-blogger linked to one of my posts; I was so excited.  I still read her blog.  But I actively decided to finish my second blog, and it ended with the start of summer vacation.  I knew I was spending too much time online, reading homeschool blogs, and not enough time reading more valuable things and procrastinating the good things I wanted to get done.

I had started this blog to find more contentment with my home.  I think its a two steps forward-one step backward (there's that number three again) process.

I'm busy still.  I still have a toddler.  I still homeschool. I still spend too much time online, and sidestep other good things I really do want to do.  I'm not energetic and industrious enough to keep on task at home, preferring to sit and surf.  Same reasons to end another blog.

I deleted the other blogs upon finishing, but I haven't decided if I will do that with this one.  So its kind of fizzling out but by choice.




7 comments:

  1. Oh I wish you'd keep writing! But I do understand the Internet taking up time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, you're sweet. Thanks for the comment. Who knows ... maybe I'll pick up the blog again in the future. I think that's why I'm keeping it online for now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'm so sorry that you're closing your blog. I truly think of you as a "kindred spirit". But, I do understand and I agree that I spend too much time online.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I spend less time online ... what a hard habit to break. I hope that taking my own blog off my mind will reduce my interest in surfing. :D It was so fun to do 31 Days together Michelle and to find a kindred spirit. This is so funny ... my first blog was called Kindred Moms. ;)

      Delete
  4. Yes ... there are seasons to everything, including blogging! You'll know when it's the right thing to do again ...

    Enjoy your family!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda, for the kind comment!

      Delete
  5. Hi Christie! I'm Heather and I wanted to know if you would be willing to answer a quick question about your blog! Please email me at Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com whenever you get a free moment!

    ReplyDelete